Today's Flowers


Well today's flowers are a mixed success. Most of the weeding is done, but in the meantime the hail has damaged some plants. Some of the flowers are still nice, but a little bent over. The most damage seems to to have been done to the sedum, which is not flowering yet, same with the tiger lily. The sedum is to the right of the birdbath.




This bed was a mass on blue and purple just last Monday. What a storm we must have had.


The bush in the middle is a hebe. The cornflowers were very beautiful, I can't see any evidence left of my lupins that were with them.


My herb garden, which Christian (on my coming Lilies & Lavender post) would suggest I put the mint into pots. Hubby finds the cotton lavender the most frustrating though. There is also camomile flowering along the bed from the hail bent I think feverfew. All the plants grow very tall at this garden, we are amazed, though it takes on a wild look.


The unweeded garden is at the back and has a very large catmint to the left there. I love this Veronica.



Poor sedum. Apparently my red poppy will still set seed. These last photos show that the house is still a work in progress but looks reasonably neat and homely and hopefully will improve over the next few months.


Comments

Oh to see green grass, what a joy that is. It's only minus 20+ oC outside today and a pile of snow!!!!

Gill in Canada

Popular Posts