Today's Flowers ~ December 7


Today's Flowers can be found at this blog. These are flowers from our other house. The garden needs weeding in places, but the flowers are lovely I think. There is also a yellow lily.

A penstemon that I read you can match up to your roses.

A poppy we have either forgotten about or didn't know about.

A special alstroemeria that I love because of the Christmas colours.

Goldenrod, which of course is not native here.

A modern flower, like all of them, I forget their names. Modern for Australia anyway.

A Russell Lupin that was very small last year. I have wanted good lupins since I saw them at my primary school!

Comments

Hi Linda, you have a lovely assortment of flowers. They are all very showy. I really love the Goldenrod, it has such a nice Latin name "Solidago". I used to grow Lupins when I lived in the cold climate. They don't do well in my garden here. Anyway, yesterday we had our first hot day, humid and 35 C. Now, it is nice and cool! Have a good week Linda.
Dorothy said…
Beautiful flowers! It's good to see them since we don't have any here right now.
what lovely photos........

Gill in Canada
Anonymous said…
beautiful series of flowers, love them all, thanks for sharing..
Unknown said…
the only flower I know here is the goldenrod. That's one of the great things about blogging you get to see wonderful things form all over. Great photos.
Cathy said…
What a lovely assortment of flowers you have--thanks for sharing!
These are all lovely photos!
Naturegirl said…
Quite the variety of blossoms and color in your December garden! It was a delight stopping by!
DeniseinVA said…
Love the fact that you name most of your flowers. I am a babe in the woods learning as I go along. Great photos here.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful captures! And love your blog theme ;)
What a neat set of flowers, it mice to see so many blooms in this snowy times.
Vylat said…
Hello Linda,
Love your summery looking flowers. We are under snow here in Toronto. Do you have Poinsettia flowers in Australia. What are your Christmas time flowers?
Linda said…
Hi PlantBuddy.

When I lived near the larger shops, I saw Poinsettia flowers/plants in pots in the shops for Christmas.

We have Hippeastrum which are in nice Christmas colours. Gardenia and bottlebrushes or callistemon.

These are some that mean something to me. If I were to buy one it would be the poinsettia or hippeastrum in a pot.

Popular Posts