Reflection Saturday


Here is last week's Reflection Saturday at Doodles of Life. Click Snoopy for this weeks.

My hometown has changed, I will be showing on Tuesday another town I thought had changed since the last time I had seen it. I found that it had a pretty Free Trade store. I was very surprised. It is called The Lost Sock Office.




It was a shame I didn't have time to browse inside. It is in my favourite part of the street. I suppose this is because one of the shops there used to be what was called The Baby Carriage, where my mother came in from the farm and shopped for my brother and I. Some of the shops were interconnecting from the inside. It also had a horse outside I think that you put money in to have a ride. It is funny I always knew that story but now I am not sure, but I think it was outside that shop.

It is amazing. I saw that and other nice shops on Wednesday, and on Thursday I was inside a new cafe full of bears! It is in Tumbarumba. My little girls and I had a drink there and looked at all the teddies and decorations. We decided after not grocery shopping for a few weeks that it was time we did that rather than wait for our stores to be depleted too much. We did end up with a full trolley.






Since there is no Thankful Thursday in the usual format this week I can tell you a little about my days here. On the way home from this shopping trip I saw an echidna walking up the hill. I knew they lived in that area in the bush but hadn't seen one, perhaps for a few years. I also saw some white paper daisies and I think some very red soil.

My eldest daughter has a nice bear so she missed out this time by opting to stay home. We didn't see any bears like hers.

My middle daughter told me she saw some sheep tracks in the paddock on the way there. I was happy about that because sheep tracks meant a lot to me when I was little. As you know my own children were not fortunate enough to grow up on a farm. She learnt about sheep tracks on a recent overnight stay at one of her friends houses.

When we got home middle daughter went to the newsagent and got a nice white star to complete her sister's decorated little tree near the front door.

Speaking of joy on last week's post at Doodles of Life. I was really amazed to catch a look of myself in the dentist mirror. My children had a turn on the dentists chair and I was allowed to sit in the window while they each had their turn. I had joy on my face, and it did me good to see it.

Last Saturday or so, our eldest was nice and gave us the laptop that he took with him to uni. We had bought it for him refurbished from Harvey Norman, probably when he was in Year 12. Because he and his girlfriend work, he works part time and studies, he has bought a Mac. Our eldest daughter now has the laptop with new desktop image. She also found an old Commander Keen game on it, so she liked that. Our other son got a newer computer for his room that was taken off the asset register at school, or parts for his, I am not sure. I think there is a spare and that means basically everyone is covered here for a computer, though not that flash I suppose.

Other blessings have been happening around here. My son had planned to drive a long distance on the weekend I think. On Thursday he took a smaller trip and his car overheated. So that will be fixed, and he doesn't have to worry about getting stuck on the larger trip. Our car is playing up again, but again it happened while we have the money to fix it, and I didn't get stuck anywhere. The downside is that it is another couple of thousand on top of the $3,000 already paid and the whole engine would be new I think. They won't be open again for a couple of weeks, but I don't think I need it either. We will be cancelling the air-conditioning fixing again until later. Yes, it will be slightly more expensive to take hubby's car on Christmas Day but it will be nice and cool!

Friday I got a book that I really wanted to read from BeeContentRanch all the way from California. She saw a copy at a thrift store, isn't God and my friend good to me!? Thank you so much! I have started reading it and I love the way the author writes.

Comments

The dB family said…
My girls and I would love that cafe. I actually collect bears. It would be so fun to see all their bears!
Dorothy said…
Hi Linda,

Wonderful post!
I was over visiting Daisy's blog at http://dancingwithdaisy.blogspot.
com/2008/12/merry-christmas-mate.html
and she had the cutest video from Australia! If you have time, pop over and watch.
Linda said…
Thanks Dorothy, that must be the theme to the kangaroo picture in my sidebar.

I think I will join in in Daisy's Music Monday, thanks.

Popular Posts