I Need A Silent Night ~ Amy Grant



A great song for today. A simplicity message. I remember Mum bought me things like a tape player/recorder. A bike. All things that enriched my life. I later used the tape recorder to play my tapes as I learnt shorthand.

A real blessing for me today was to see my eleven year old daughter text her twenty year old brother. They have always been close, but as you know my son has been away at university for three years. My daughter bought a pink Virgin phone while we were shopping in Target, I think on the way home from our hometown. She had sold her DS to her friend, and we used the money to buy the phone. She doesn't have any phone credit left, but Virgin to Virgin text I believe is free.

She told him about our Christmas Eve, and he asked what they got. Sweet. I hope it only brings good things in the future. A very cute phone, and helps me with the aftermath of these buying decisions I have to make, alot.

This post was inspired indirectly by a post at the MaryJane'sFarm blog, a post called Christmas to Me. I found Amy Grant while looking for Christmas To Me. We have a nativity scene around the corner from us. While my daughter was texting and I was driving I was admiring it. I hope to get a photo. And a fried green tomato and bacon and lettuce sandwich! I can't wait to try one. My husband loved my experiment with fried green tomatoes. I wish I had a bush outside right now! Check this out.

Some interesting Christmas movies have been on TV. I haven't sat down to watch myself. At the moment my eldest daughter is watching Santa Baby.

Today I called my Mum. We discussed Christmas. I also told her about the November issue of Better Homes & Gardens, Australia and about crochet and knitting cotton. Apparently when cotton first came to Australia to knit with my Nana tried making cloths, which I thought was interesting.

I am starting to feel more Christmasy. I have been to the hospital where our doctors are twice this week, so now I am on antibiotics and extra asthma medicine. It has been ages since I have needed any. A winter flu and associated problems I had in the winter flared up again. I am still taking it reasonably slowly though.

Comments

Tatersmama said…
OMGoodness... don't you just LOVE fried green tomatoes??
I need to start growing my own tomato plants, just so I can have a supply on hand!
I've never had them as a sandwich (we just eat them as a side dish) but this sounds..ermmm - yes, I'll say it... good enough to EAT!
Dorothy said…
Hi & Merry Christmas!
It's almost here! I hope you have a good one! My late husband had asthma for many years and the medicine that helped him most was Advair. At that time, it was only made in England. It works in two ways: to dialate the airways and to heal the infection. It is inhaled. I wish you well!
Hi Linda, nearly a year gone. I have just caught up with reading your posts. I hope you soon feel better again and be without medication. I wish you well. Have a wonderful Christmas together with your lovely family which I am starting to know thanks to your posts. Hugs, Titania.

Popular Posts